Thursday, June 16, 2016

June Meal Plan

This is not a typical meal plan for our family as you know we normally cook in threes or more, but this month I am throwing out routine partly due to crazy circumstances and making made mouth watering favorites!  I will add to this as we make other recipes, so check back in as this month is a work in progress until the month ends.

Breakfasts: 
Vegetarian Egg Bake (3 breakfasts first week/ 3 breakfasts second week)
Great for breakfast or brunch/ double it for a full meal for family of 6.
kale, spinach, etc or chopped veggies of your choice ...roughly 2 cups
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
onion
garlic- lots
3/4 cup homemade chicken stock
1/2 cup half-n-half (can use alternative dairy free if avoiding dairy)
4 eggs
salt and pepper and thyme
Shredded parmesan cheese
*Combine all ingredients BUT cheese. Sprinkle fresh shredded cheese on top. I tend to use parmesan an use 2.5 ounces.
Bake 30 minutes or until done at 350.

Poached Eggs 
http://markbittman.com/how-to-make-poached-eggs/

Spinach Frittata
http://markbittman.com/how-to-cook-spinach-frittata/

Pioneer Woman's Cheese grits with smoothie
Makes 12 BIG servings
Boil 1/2 ts salt to 9 cups water and pour into the grits (whatever amount you need to match the 9 cups).  Cover and finish cooking according to package directions.  We use Palmetto Farms Non GMO Stone Ground Grits.  Turn off heat with grits are finished.  In a small bowl, whisk 4 eggs. Throw a couple spoonfuls of hot girts into the eggs to temper the eggs.  Stir immediately and until well combined.  Pour mixture into the grits and stir constantly.  Add 12 tbsp. of butter and stir until melted.  Stir 3 cups cheese of your choice. Stir until it is melted.  Add 4 cloves of garlic that have been finely chopped.  Add more salt.  Pour grits into well buttered baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until grits are hot and bubbly.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Smoothie
2cups frozen fruit, 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of coconut milk, handful of ice, chia seeds, banana, and who knows what else!?

Crustless quiche by Catherine Elder  (3 breakfasts first week/ 3 breakfasts second week)
5 large eggs
a few cups of spinach or kale through the food processor,
chopped onion and garlic...whatever veggies you feel like. I put them in raw....
 ½ cup coconut milk or other milk;
½ tsp baking powder;
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. coconut oil
I triple this and we eat this three days in a row.....I whisk the liquid and toppings together and place in 3 separate containers until ready to bake.  The morning of I pull out one mixture and put it in a 9 inch round dish, top with mozzarella cheese, and put in the oven! 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

Sweet potato, egg, veggie, goat cheese wraps: (3 breakfasts first week/ 3 breakfasts second week)
Delightful! Freezable! I always triple...it goes fast!!

additional notes: We do not do the spicy spices or add anything to it for dipping.  I make wraps all at once.  Each morning, I pull out desired amount to fry in the pan with some coconut oil and serve hot.

Pepper, fried egg, and bacon (3 breakfasts first week/ 3 breakfasts second week)- my sista's idea
Cook a pepper in the oven on 350 for about 15-20 min, cook a couple eggs per person, and put strips of bacon on top!  Add cheese and avocado if you like.

photo (1).JPG
Breakfast quesadillas Pioneer Woman Style (3 breakfasts first week/ 3 breakfasts 2nd week)
I layered tortilla with farm fresh scramble eggs, sautéed veggies (mushroom, peppers and onions), grated cheese, cilantro, avocado slices, and then another tortilla.  I put all the above in a pan with coconut oil and topped with leftover veggies- yes please!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/breakfast-quesadillas/







Egg in the hole (1 breakfast each week)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/egg-in-a-hole-see-alternate-names-below/

Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes 
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/edna-maes-sour-cream-pancakes/
A lot of times when I don't have sour cream, I use plan yogurt!  They are delicious either way.  I also use coconut oil.  

Lunches: 
That Good Salad 
Carrie Watson
romaine lettuce
bacon
tomato
toasted almonds
swiss cheese
parmesan cheese
shredded chicken
Dressing: olive oil and lemon juice, garlic and salt
I alter to what I have on hand.  I normally dump a whole box of Aldi organic spinach in with a handful of almonds and a handful of pumpkin seeds, 5 oz shredded cheddar, 4 strips off bacon crumbled.  Dressing 1/3 cup evoo, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 4 garlic cloves- minced, and salt to taste topped with deer flank steak or chicken

Lentil burritos (3 dinners)
I cook the lentils separately. While they are simmering I sautée zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic. Season all with cumin, salt, & pepper. I  add cilantro too when on hand. I mix the lentils and veggies all together.  Serve on tortillas with sour cream, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole and cheese. They are so yummy that I fooled a high school student who is allergic to healthy!

Salsa
2 tomatoes or more to taste, 1 can mild rotel- drained, large 32 oz can crushed tomatoes, 6 stalks green onions, 1/2 onion or 1 onion depending on how spicy you like it, lime juice or juice of one lime, 1 bunch cilantro, and salt.
Put all ingredients in food processor.

Delicious!
*I cook the whole thing meaning the lentils and veggies at one time, and then each night I pull out what I need, place in a tortilla with cheese and fry in a pan so the lentils and cheese melt together.  I then top with other toppings.

Pasta with Brocolli and Sausage
http://markbittman.com/pasta-with-broccoli-cauliflower-or-broccoli-r/

Dinners: 
Chicken Tenders (from my mama) paired with fresh tomato salsa and potato fries (3 dinners)
10-12 chicken tenders
1 cup Italian dressing
2 tsp lemon or lime juice
4 tbs honey
mix marinade together and let marinate for at least an hour, but preferably all day.  Dump all into a pan on medium high and keep stirring as they cook.  The key is you want to cook it until the marinade absorbs into the chicken to form a glaze....takes about 40-50 minutes. 
*For potatoes, I just chop them up in small pieces and toss in coconut oil and bake at 350 until a little crispy.
Fresh tomato salsa 
4 large chopped tomatoes, 1 chopped onion or 4 scallions chopped, 2 garlic cloves- minced, 1 cup chopped fresh parsely or cilantro, 3 tbsp lime juice or more to taste, salt and pepper to taste.

Stir Fry in a wrap (3 meals)
1 lb round steak or deer meat
4 tbsp. soy sauce
2tbsp sugar
4 tbsp. coconut oil
2 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
bell peppers
 Mix soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, and onions in a large bowl and set aside.
Cut steak or venison into strips and add to bowl.  Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours.  Cook in wok or frying pan until done. 
Note: Many a time, I will buy the meat, chop it up, and marinate while in freezer, so when I pull it out, all I have to do is put it in the wok.
I serve in a wrap with guacamole and cheese.   
I prep three meals completely and cook fresh the night of.

Deer Cube Steak and Gravy with Pasta with Garlic and Oil and sauted veggies
http://www.food.com/recipe/deer-steaks-and-gravy-venison-262485
I have yet to find a way to make deer steak yummy as it is so lean until I found this recipe.  We all LOVED it.
http://www.howtocookeverything.com/recipes/linguine-with-garlic-and-oil

Sauted Shrip with Bean and Vegetable Salad
Huge hit! Every child devoured everything on their plate and asked me to make it again.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/sauteed-shrimp-recipe.html
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/04/tabula-beana/
I used whatever fresh veggies and fresh herbs I had and mixed together with beans.  I also did half olive oil to lemon juice with salt and cumin for the dressing.  We tend to like tons of dressing.

Creamy mushroom chicken wild rice (3 dinners)
"Because sometimes you crave the comforting taste of cream of mushroom chicken casserole, but would rather forgo the highly processed canned food recipe from of old.  Right? I know I do! In fact, my mom came up with this recipe on the fly because I had mentioned wanting something that combined comfort, creamy baked chicken with mushroom sauce, but left out nasty chemicals, relying on too many canned items (so easy to do when we’re busy!) and the complications of a super-duper gourmet recipe (fun but who has time for that on a week night?)."
http://kellibuzzard.com/creamy-mushroom-chicken-wild-rice/



Appetizers or snacks 
Sour Cream or Yogurt based dips with fresh veggies 
http://markbittman.com/sour-cream-or-yorgurt-dip-5-ways/

Deviled Eggs 
http://markbittman.com/how-to-cook-deviled-eggs/

Stuffed Mushrooms
http://markbittman.com/dinner-with-bittman-stuffed-mushrooms/



No comments:

Post a Comment