Saturday, July 30, 2016

1st Half of August Meal Plan


This meal plan includes a breakdown of the ways I try to simplify and minimize my time in the kitchen following each recipe.

Breakfast
(I cook in threes and then ones so two of these I will prep and make for two breakfasts while the other I will prep for one. I then repeat for the second week of the month.) 

Vegetable Egg Bowl 
Saute veggies (whatever have) & fry some eggs in another pan.
Layer: veggies, fried egg, cheese (whatever I have), cilantro, and avocado
Preparation: cut up veggies, cilantro, and shred cheese for three days and then store in separate containers for each day. 
The morning of: put already cut up veggies in pan to cook, fry some eggs, layer other items, and eat
Eggs in Hash Browns with fresh fruit 
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/eggs-in-hash-brown-nests/
Preparation and day of:  cook enough for three days and then warm in oven on 200 for subsequent days

Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes and smoothie 
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/edna-maes-sour-cream-pancakes/
A lot of times when I don't have sour cream, I use plain yogurt!  They are delicious either way.  I also use coconut oil.
Smoothie: Bananna, 1 cup plain greek yogurt, raw honey, 2 cups frozen fruit, 1 cup orange juice, a couple tablespoons of chia seeds, & and a couple tablespoons of Trador Joes very green supplement
Preparation:  This batter can be made the night before in full or a couple days ahead.
Day of: pull out batter and make pancakes


Lunch 
(I make the same lunch for the whole week.  The second week, I make the second lunch for the whole week). 

Lentil burritos 
I cook the lentils separately. While they are simmering I sautée zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic. Season all with cumin, salt, & pepper. I  add cilantro too when on hand. I mix the lentils and veggies all together.  Serve on tortillas with sour cream, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole and cheese. They are so yummy that I fooled a high school student who is allergic to healthy!

Salsa
2 tomatoes or more to taste, 1 can mild rotel- drained, large 32 oz can crushed tomatoes, 6 stalks green onions, 1/2 onion or 1 onion depending on how spicy you like it, lime juice or juice of one lime, 1 bunch cilantro, and salt.
Put all ingredients in food processor.

Delicious!
*I cook the whole thing meaning the lentils and veggies at one time, and then each night I pull out what I need, place in a tortilla with cheese and fry in a pan so the lentils and cheese melt together.  I then top with other toppings.
Preparation: Cook all lentils and veggies I need for three days and store in separate containers.  Shred enough cheese and store in separate container.  Make big container of salsa. 
The day of: fill tortilla with all the items and place in fry pan so lentils, veggies, and cheese mesh and melt. Top with fresh guac (made the day of) and salsa. 
*Repeat process for second batch to last the rest of the week. 

That Good Salad 
Carrie Watson
romaine lettuce
bacon
tomato
toasted almonds
swiss cheese
parmesan cheese
shredded chicken
Dressing: olive oil and lemon juice, garlic and salt
I alter to what I have on hand.  I normally dump a whole box of Aldi organic spinach in with a handful of almonds and a handful of pumpkin seeds, 5 oz shredded cheddar, 4 strips off bacon crumbled.  Dressing 1/3 cup evoo, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 4 garlic cloves- minced, and salt to taste topped with deer flank steak or chicken
Preparation: Cook chicken and bacon and store in separate containers.  Shred cheese.  Make dressing. 
Day of: pull out containers and fix salad
*Repeat process for second batch to last the rest of the week. 


Dinners 
(I cook in threes, so each of these I will prep and make for 3 nights) 

Roasted Chicken and chopped raw veggies (whatever I have) in half olive oil/ half lemon juice and salt
http://markbittman.com/recipe/roast-chicken-parts-with-olive-oil-or-butter/
Preparation: This one is so easy that I just prep the chicken the day of each day.  Cut up enough veggies for three nights and divide into containers. 
Day of: Pull out veggies, douse in avocado oil or oil of choice and salt and pepper and cook until slightly brown on 400. 

Eggplant and Chicken Parmesan with sauted squash
http://markbittman.com/recipe/eggplant-and-chicken-parmesan/
Preparation: completely prep 3 dishes minus last step of baking.  Cut up enough squash for three days. 
Day of: Pull out and bake as directions state.  Sauté cut up squash. 
Vegetable pancakes with homemade fries and salad
http://markbittman.com/recipe/vegetable-pancakes/
fries:  chop up potato into long thin strips, douse in coconut oil, and bake on 400 until done....normally 45 minutes
Preparation: completely make and cook vegetable pancakes for three nights.
Day of: warm on 200 vegetable pancakes and make and cook fries as directed.

Roasted Carrots with Polluck (can also use salmon, cod, etc.)
http://markbittman.com/recipe/roasted-carrots-with-cumin/
Douse polluck in avacado oil and lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning and salt...cook on 405 for roughly 15 minutes
Preparation: This fish recipe is so easy, I prep and cook each night.  The do cut and trim the carrots for three days. 
Day of:  Prep and cook fish, take already cut up carrots and add other ingredients.
Macaroni and Cheese with Raw Beet Salad
Best and easiest macaroni ever:
16 oz cheese- cheddar or a mix of cheeses
1 can evaporated milk or make your own which tastes even better. To produce 1 cup of evaporated milk, simmer 2 1/4 cups of whole milk down until it becomes 1 cup.
16 oz noodles
Directions: Greese pan with coconut oil.  layer noodles and cheese...I like to do multiple layers, salt a little if desired, top with evaporated milk and a few pats of butter...bake in oven on 375 for 30-45 minutes.  If noodles start to brown, but evaporated milk is still not soaked into noodles, cover with foil and continue cooking. 
http://markbittman.com/recipe/raw-beet-salad/
Preparation:  Make enough beet salad for three nights.  Shred cheese for macaroni. 
Day of: Make macaroni.  Beet salad...simply pull out!

No comments:

Post a Comment